Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Always look on the bright side of life...

... That would mean... God is granting me an extensive lesson in patience today!

I finished some curtains today (whew!) and am almost finished with hand-stitching the third side of the Japanese quilt, so I will finish before surgery on Friday BUT

My office decided to move the staff meeting that is supposed to be tomorrow at 8:30 to tomorrow at 10... then changed it to TODAY AT 3:00. Did I mention no one bothered to tell me until 2:00 (10 minutes ago)? How do I find a babysitter in an hour when all the kids are in school? And I'm already working tonight from 6:00-9:00, so I'm not going to see DH or the girls much tonight.

Oh, yeah, and I'm preparing for surgery on Friday. We're making good progress on preparing for that in the house. I just baked bread, did my 8th load of laundry for the week (you know, nobody warned me that ALL laundry multiplies when you have potty training going on. I mean, even things that are not even remotely related to potty accidents are multiplying in their filthiness. That's why DH and 2 little girls have produced 8 loads of laundry!!!!).

The assistant has been victorious twice in using the potty. She was so proud of herself. I was so proud of her.

Okay, we'll end on that positive note. The assistant is learning to be potty trained.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Mary-Kay said...

Good luck with your surgery and the potting training. I don't know what kind of surgery you are having but if you have any mobility after you can work on that potty training. Yeah, like that's what you want to do. But if it means less laundry I'd go for it.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...