Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stash Report Week #16

This week, I finished a sewing carryall for myself. The pictures here aren't great, but you get the idea. It fits nicely in my purse, and it's nice not to worry about losing fabric or being poked by a stray needle. 1/2 yard out.

My sister and I went shopping for fabric to make the girls' flowergirl dresses. 6 yards in.

The assistant turned 3 yesterday, and what a day it was! She's still not old enough to skip naps, no matter what she says. She wore her new birthday dress until she had an accident (we're not officially potty training, but she removes her diaper most of the day!), so no picture of the dress I made for her. She's such a grown-up little girl sometimes, and she gave me the BEST hug this morning!

I've been working on the T-shirt quilt (you can see parts of it in the background of my picture)

I also caught up on mending and made some flying geese for Judy's newest stash quilt. I also quilted 6 rows on my Japanese quilt! I might be able to finish quilting it next week.


Report:
OUT this week: 1/2 yard
OUT YTD: 53 1/2 yards

IN this week: 6 yards
IN YTD: 112 yards

YTD Totals: 58 1/2 yards

This week, I hope to finish quilting the Japanese quilt, trim it, assemble the T-shirt top, work on the rag-rug, and maybe finish my flying geese.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Give the assistant a b-day hug for me! Sounds like you're going to be busy this week. Summer is the best time to potty train, and it's going to be here soon!

Theoketos said...

I am always, always and forever, amazed with how much you get done during the day with such assistance.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...