Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week #14 Stash Report & Goals


A finish! A finish! I finally finished a quilt! I love it, too!

Last night, I finished hand-stitching the binding down on Bonnie's Star Struck pattern for my BiL. I'm not sure I ever want to work with a pattern that ever piece has a triangle, but it's a great pattern! I bought her book, but decided against using the sashing as I didn't have the right colors. I think this is amazing as is. (I apologize for the blurry picture - this was the third, and it's still a little shaky!) My BiL requested soft red, and I had to pick a palette from there. The colors are a little more yellow than in real life, but not too far off. It's very different from my usual choices, but everytime someone new sees it, they saw, "Wow!" so I guess it worked. Good colors, Chris!

I also sent away 3/4 yards to someone across the ocean, so with the quilt, I managed to use 16 yards this week.

IN this week: 0 yards (whew!)
IN YTD: 106 yards

OUT this week: 16 yards
OUT YTD: 52 yards

Total YTD: 54 yards IN

At least I'm digging out of my hole. Now if I can just keep DH's itchy fingers from buying purple fabric to cover all the statues in our house for the last week of Lent (because I don't have time to make that purple fabric into properly seamed covers), I will be doing well next week!

Goals this week:
Finish sashiko blocks
Finish last 30 Japanese blocks
Assemble Japanese top
Tame scraps (the little drawer is overflowing)
Charity: work on rag rug
Trim interfacing for T-shirt quilt to 15 1/2"

Judy asked if our stashes were looking any smaller. I'm in the hole, so it doesn't look smaller, but it doesn look different. Since the first of the year, I have been buying more yardage and less small pieces, so I have a stack of yardage that doesn't fit in my little boxes. Maybe I might need a new storage solution?

from the room of Zana's Ninis

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I really like that quilt just the way you put it together. I think sashing would have made it to rigid, right now, it seems to flow. I think you did a great job on it!! And great busting of the stash!!! I hope you make all your goals for next week!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

that's a lucky BIL!! You and me, we're both digging our way out of the hole!

Alzbeta said...

I love the quilt! It turned out beautifully and he's going to love it, I'm sure!

Sue H said...

Wow -- your quilt is just lovely! I love it.

Vicki W said...

Your quilt is lovely!

Marla said...

This is one of my fav. patterns. I will live vicariously through your finish though....I don't think I have the patience right now for those tiny blocks! It's such a great feeling to finish!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great quilt and love the quilting design!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...