Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garden Produce

What do you do with 14 1/2 pounds of cucumbers? I'm waiting for my pressure canner to arrive, and I will be attempting some pickles, but then what? I read you could slice and freeze them, so I sliced two. I also read you could dehydrate them and use them as salad crumbles or chips, so we're drying some now. That still leaves... too many, with more expected. We're giving some away, but I must say, I think we planted too many cucumber plants. Oh, wait, that was DH and the Assistant, who are seed planting fools!

I just hope our pumpkins do as well!

After a good rain storm last night, most of my potato plants are laying on the ground. It might be time to dig them up and weigh that harvest too!

In other news, my first quilt (shudder) has been bought home for its yearly check-up. It needs some serious work. Obviously I knew a lot less about quilting when I made it!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...