Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stash Report Week #28

A busy week! I did well the beginning of the week, then ran out of steam (and time!) by the weekend).

I cleared out my stash and reorganized it. I have a tub full of jeans to deal with, but I'm not prepared for doing that. I found plenty of other polyester/polyester blend stuff to get rid of, so 11 yards went to charity. Here is my entire stash, including scraps. Not so bad, right?

I used one piece of fabric I found to make a quick skirt, and that was another 1 1/4 yards out.

Then I made Roman shades for our bedroom. It's black in there now at night! Our lovely neighbor (she really is) tends to leave a light on in her living room, and that always makes our room a bit lighter than we like. Not anymore! That would be another 5 yards out.

Finally, I made an apron from scraps. It's for the garden, when I dig up potatoes, pick cukes, dig up onions - I can't always find a bucket when I need one. It's reversible, so that's another 3 yards out.

I used my new cutting board for the first time. My old cutting board was 6+ years old, and I had not idea how different it would feel to cut on a new board. Oops. I'll try to replace it more frequently.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 152 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 20 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 140 1/4 yards

YTD Total: 12 1/4 yards IN

I'm finally approaching 0. Let's just hope there are no new purchases for DH this week!

I'm working on a wedding gift for a friend that must be quick (she's getting married August 8). I wasn't sure she'd invite me (limited list), so I hadn't planned anything to make her. Oops.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Wow, that was a productive week!

Donna said...

Wow! I need a week like that!

sewkalico said...

You have done well!

Erin said...

I'm amazed at how productive you've been this week - great job! I wish I had that kind of talent.

whimzeestitches said...

Now that is productive!! Way cool.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

your stash is all organized - nicely done!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...