Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stash Report Week #40


You should hear the acorns hitting the house right now! When we sit in the living room, I sometimes jump when they hit the porch or roof. Right now, from the sewing room, I can hear the "plunk, plunk, plunk" on the driveway. Walking barefoot out there is dangerous for your health and comfort!

This week I made another apron, longer than my others, for kids in K-1. They were all too tall for my "toddler" aprons, so they needed one to protect their legs! I'm glad I found a use for that sun fabric. I wanted to use it for a pillow case, but there wasn't quite enough.

I also made a pillow case for my best friend. I forgot her birthday, so I will NOT forget her at Christmas. I did mess up on the enclosed seam on the side and bottom, but am happy with the tight zigzag that's covering the threads.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 167 yards

OUT this week: 2 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 193 yards

YTD Total: 26 yards OUT!

I only need to use 24 more yards to meet my goal. I've also used 17 spools of thread, and am running low on grey, white, tan, and black. There's only one problem...

Swine flu. Right now, in the high school where my mom works, 20% of kids are absent, the vast majority due to flu symptoms. It's so bad that they aren't testing for swine flu if they find out it flu type A because pretty much, if you have the flu, it's the swine flu. My husband works at another high school, and it's just about as bad there. I'm 3 months pregnant and REALLY don't want to get the flu, so the girls and I went to the grocery store for the only time for October and plan to sit tight except for church on Sundays. That also explains why I didn't get to go to the Quilt Shop Hop this weekend.

I am due for jury duty on October 19. Dang. I have two small kids and no money for a babysitter - and I don't want to get sick. We'll see what happens.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Get plenty of rest to stay strong so you don't become ill!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this will work, but first call your doctor's office to see if they want you to go to jury duty. Since the flu shot is not yet available, they may say that they don't want you to have unnecessary exposure. See if they will put it in writing.

If they agree with this, then call the court clerk's office (or whomever sent you the summons). Ask if you could be excused from jury duty and mention that you are in a high risk group (pregnancy) and that your dr doesn't want exposure and that you would be glad to do jury duty at a later date.

Who knows, they may accept that and let you go for now...

It is worth a shot...or else, schedule yourself for a flu shot asap!

Oh, and way to go on the stashbusting....

Liz

Alzbeta said...

I absolutely love the apron and pillowcase! Good job, sis! It is snowing here...I'm going to go snuggle under the quilt you made us and try to sleep!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...