Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stash Report Week #43

Jury duty is over! Two days of purgatory... I don't object to jury duty, per se, but the nature of the case, my lack of babysitting, and my all-day "morning" sickness made this a really bad idea. If I could have sat in a trial those two days and been done, fine.

I made a temporary cover for the Assistant's bunk bed a while back but didn't count it... 3 yards out.

The Halloween dress is done except for a tulle underskirt. It's a little big, but since it's supposed to be cold, she can wear a shirt or sweater underneath. 4 yards out.

I made a scrappy pillow case for DH's grandmother using the red-white-blue fabrics I used for the star quilt Judy had instructions to earlier this summer. 1 1/4 yards out.

I realized Screamer doesn't have a trick-or-treat bag, so I whipped one up. It didn't work quite as I planned, but she won't care! 1/2 yard out.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 167 yards

OUT this week: 8 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 210 3/4 yards

YTD total: 43 3/4 yards OUT

I only need to bust 6 1/4 yards for the rest of the year (and buy nothing... gulp) to bust my goal of 50 yards! I'm working on a baby quilt for my lovely older sister (she's not expecting - her husband had the kidney transplant, but she picked out the fabric that inspired the quilt), and hope to finish it this year. Beyond that, I'm sure the Assistant will come up with plenty of things to finish. I also want to use the last of my RWBlue scraps as I don't want them any more!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Erin said...

so close to your goal! you can do it!

Mary-Kay said...

I'm sure you can do it. I hope your BIL is doing fine and your morning sickness eases up.

Kathy said...

Your goal is so reachable...you will get there!

Unknown said...

You've been doing a great job - keep it up to reach your goal. At the rate you're going, I predict that you will exceed it!

Lori said...

Wow you sure kept busy all week. Jury duty, watching the kids, sewing.... etc
Good luck with your goal.

Love how you call #2dd the screamer, that was my #2(I think it was her duty to keep me on my toes) The 3rd DD was so quiet just like DD #1. Now all great young women.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I don't know how you manage to do all that you do! 50 yards would be a HUGE goal with your busy life--and PREGNANT!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...