Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Colorado

We've been in Colorado since Friday, visiting Nuggette and her parents. My husband has been an amazing child-watcher so I could help my sister with laundry, cooking, sleeping, and taking care of baby Nuggette.

If you should ever visit the Mother Cabrini shrine near Golden, CO, I would recommend you not lock your keys in the car with your wallet. It's hard to convince AAA to come unlock your car when you don't know your AAA number and there are 45 people with the same name as your husband in Kansas. However, the sisters at the shrine were amazingly helpful, even bringing us free snacks while we sat outside, enjoying the breeze and awaiting the locksmith. It only takes 5 seconds to unlock the car. Too bad we didn't have one of those doohickeys ourselves (we wouldn't have waited an hour for the car to be unlocked).

My sister and brother-in-law have done an amazing job with Nuggette. She's a handful, but a beautiful red-headed handful at that!

I love my family.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Sorry about your luck. And I think it's illegal to have one of those dookickeys and besides if you locked your keys in the car where would you keep the doohickey? Back pocket?

Alzbeta said...

You are amazing :).

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...