Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stash Report Week #32

This week, on our way home from Denver, I stopped at a lovely quilt shop in Hays, Kansas, and bought 4 fat quarters.

I also finished the quilt made of triangles from my Bonnie Hunter "Star Struck" quilt. Woohoo! That's 4 1/4 yards out. It took much longer to finish the binding than it should, but that's what happens when there are Agatha Christie books in the house. It finished approximately 54" square. The layout is original, but the ideas for many of the blocks came from Judy Martin's block book (it's packed, so I can't tell you what it's called). Rather than go out and buy more backing, I opted to take all the strip left over or that matched in color scheme to create the back.

I also cleaned out the closet where I used to keep most of my sewing stuff. I felt like I was packing up my life there, but I did throw out 1 1/4 yards of scraps that would never be useful for anything.

IN this week: 1 yard
IN YTD: 105 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 5 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 155 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 50 yards OUT!

I've met my goal for the year! Now I just need to control myself for a while. After all, I have a bag of fat quarters, etc., from the summer that haven't been cleaned yet. Oops. I'll just get them out and pretend to go shopping again. With all my fabric in a tub, I suppose that should slow down new projects too.

Oh, and I do have running water again.

Check out the stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Every time I open your other blog the browser crashes...
I love your braid quilt; I'm itching to start a new project; it's not going to happen. Great going meeting your goal.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...