Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stash Report Week #34

I touched fabric!

I even sewed four blocks.

But I also got my oldest ready for her first day of school (this Monday). My husband sniffled at the thought. I didn't. Does that make me a mean mommy? It's only three afternoons a week, and her teacher is amazing.

I taped and painted more of the stairwell.

I cleaned up after a mouse. A dead mouse. A VERY dead, smelly, rotting mouse under my sink, who was stupid enough to get caught in a mouse trap and then not be visible... stinky.

I canned with a friend: 11 quarts and 1 pint of applesauce. 4 pints of apple juice. Mmmm... I can taste it already!

That sewing thing is just hard as I no longer have a sewing room, just a 5' x 7' space in the hallway. Maybe next week.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Alzbeta said...

It definitely does NOT make you a mean mommy. She's going to have an awesome time :)

Tamera said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Life happens, and we fit in the quilting as we can.

Lori said...

Yea you sew'ed a little. You did sound very busy for your week.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

A mean mommy? When our last left and made us "empty nesters', first thing we did was open a particularly wonderful bottle of champagne to celebrate having time again to be 'just the two of us'.

Enjoy!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...