Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stash Report Week #33

Sewing? Nada. Do I even own a sewing machine? Nah, that must have been a dream.

Lots of laundry. We've been shifting more to cloth diapers (a gift from my MiL), as that should save us close to $50 a month. The Screamer is potty training, but her #1 ends up on the floor in the dining room. A lot. Lots of rags and clothes. The worst (or best) was when she stood up, completely naked, on top of the trunk where I had the pioneer braid folded and awaiting its new home. That's right. Everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It even ran off the quilt, there was so much of it! So the quilt was washed and dried. It was delivered to its new home today, where the new owners (a woman who has thyroid problems and is pregnant and insurance won't pay and her husband) were speechless. I like that reaction.

Tomato chopping. We have wilt, and it requires cutting off lots of dead leaves.

Watering. It's been hovering in the 105 range for going on three weeks. No rain. Not even many clouds. Every morning, I sneak outside to water our food plants. If I'm feeling nice, I water some of the flowers too.

Bathtub swimming. It's so hot, I don't even let the girls swim in their kiddie pool outside. Instead, they put on bathing suits, fill the tub with COLD water, and swim. God bless my girls.

Two teeth. Q (also known as Bear Cub) cut his first two teeth on Tuesday and Friday. Think copious pools of drool. He can lunge/crawl, scoot backwards, roll over, and tries to stand up and walk. Not yet, Bear Cub. You're only four months old!

The Assistant starts preschool in a week. I don't feel sad about it. Let's check back in next Monday!

Check out the other reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Sissy, make sure you take pictures of her all ready for school!! I can't wait :). Does she wear a uniform?

Tamera said...

Oh my goodness. It's a wonder that you ever have the time to even think the word quilt! :-)

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...