Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stash Report Week #41

I finished the Screamer's trick-or-treat bag.  One of these days, I might even take a picture.  1/2 yard out...

Bear Cub Q has 6 teeth.

I finished sorting the Assistant's stash.  I left her with all the pieces big enough to make something from it... like a doll dress, but I took all the rest, ironed, and cut.  Then cut some more.  And, while I was at it, I did a little more cutting.  The result was this:
 That's all 4" and 2 1/4" squares from her stash.  I'm not sure how I'll put them together, but at least they're cut and sorted.  There were also 1", 1.5", 2" and 2.5" strips and squares that went to MY scrap bags.  I did pay for all her fabric, after all.  At least 1.25 yards went into the trash as scraps too small or yucky fabric bits.

Why is it every time I try to put a new blog template on, something goes wrong with it within a few weeks and then my blog looks boring?  Seriously, I'm not so computer-backwards that I can't figure out how to put a template on.  It worked fine every time until this summer.  Bummer.


Lori, here's my "Royal people" quilt pre-flimsy stage.  It is currently basted and awaiting quilting, but what do I want to quilt on it?

First field trip... to a dairy farm with a pumpkin patch.  She didn't like the cows, or sheep, or goats.  It figures.
IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 149 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 1 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 165 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 16 yards OUT

I'm moving back in the right direction.

Check out my giveaway that ends October 15.  And be sure to check out the others stash-busters on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Charlene S said...

She should thank you twice over. Once for buying her a stash and once for culling it so well. 6 teeth-wow!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

A zero week in is always a good thing! Love the Royal People pre flimsy! A Terrie Atkinson pattern?!

Lori said...

Oh, the royal people look so happy in your quilt! The colors really work well. You really did well with that bit of royalty!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...