Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finish it up Friday

Baby sized bargello quilt...
Full of mismatched seams
Not square
a learning quilt, if you will.
It looks much prettier in pictures, but I do like the stripe
Originally purchased for a quilt for my DH
He doesn't really like quilts on the bed, though,
so I made it for a friend of his who had a baby!

Todder-sized cowgirl skirt
(Interested?  Leave a comment...
I make custom skirts!)

New pillow for my front porch
18" square
It matches my trim!
My first wonky, free-pieced sort of thing
(I'm too much of an aspie to be brave enough to do this too often!)
Check out other finishes at Crazy Mom Quilts!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z. 

5 comments:

Pieces of Cotton said...

I think the quilt looks great - I don't see mismatched seems.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Love the fabrics you chose for the skirt. I'm gearing up to make summer skirts for my oldest daughter.

The quilt looks great as well.

Kate said...

Love the blue stripe running through the quilt. It looks beautiful. You'll be harder on yourself than any of us would be about matching or mismatching seams.

Love the pillow and that blue trim!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like them ALL!! And I don't see any mismatched seams. The overall effect is what matters, I think. Closer inspection is for the Quilt Police - and it's fun to annoy them occasionally, isn't it?? ;))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That was a great quilt for mismatched seams - they are invisible!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...