Thursday, February 23, 2012

State of My Stash

It's been a while since I've discussed stash totals, but Sunday stash reports are out for me this year, as I'm giving up the internet and sewing machine on Sundays.  Otherwise, I find myself trying to squeeze in as much machine time and internet as I can while DH is home.  I'd prefer Sunday to be the day I spend extra time with my kids, and enjoy the Celtic music on NPR from 3-5 pm!  Also, I hand quilt or hand piece, which otherwise I put off.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 29 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 17 3/4 yards

YTD Total: 11 3/4 yards IN

In 2011, I had over 27 yards in.

In 2010, I had 5 yards out.  That was the year of the baby quilt race, all to be finished before Bear Cub Q arrived in April.

In 2009, I had 47 1/2 yards in.  YIKES!

I'd say, in general, I'm doing better... less shopping.

Today, I took a mental health day of sorts.  I still had my volunteering, but instead of racing to clean the house (house goes on the market in less than a month!), packing boxes (did I mention the house going on the market soon?), or packing for a trip, I decided to sit down at my newly-moved sewing machine and SEW.  I had sewn ZERO blocks for my 350 blocks challenge, and how embarrassing would that be to admit on Monday?  Six blocks down, one to go... tomorrow morning!

I forget how much time cleaning takes, and then I remember why my house is never as clean day-to-day as I keep it when it's on the market... it becomes a sickness, and I'd rather have fun with my kids than be bleaching the grout with a toothbrush and bleach or detail cleaning the brass that tarnishes in two days!

Now a few more minutes of hand quilting before bed!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

You are so smart to save Sundays for handwork only. I try to stay off the computer on Saturdays and Sundays more than the rest of the week. Sunday is when I knit!

Lori said...

Ah--Sundays off! I do try to limit my internet on Sundays. Spend time with your family--its a lot more important.

NPR has celtic music on 3-5?? I often listen to Folk Alley when I sew. And--lots of National Geo and History channel on TV.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...