Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sampler Quilt

I am making excellent progress on this quilt!  Now that I've (finally) established a functional routine, the planning, cutting, and piecing of different blocks in a variety of sizes has become less odious.  Perhaps it is a sign of being on the spectrum, but I planned a repeating pattern of sizes to give me some ability to cut blocks ahead of time and know what sizes I need.

This month, I finished both red rows, even to attaching the sashing.  I cut the remaining red and blue blocks for the center row as well, and will sew as many as I am able after the Easter clothes are completed.



I decided to cut out five or more blocks at a time, rather than one or two, as it saved getting out the yards of fabric for only a cut or two, then needing to pull it out the next day for just a little more.  I do believe having everything set up just once, even if it took me a few days to cut it all, saved frustration in sorting through the scraps over and over to see whether or not I had to cut a new strip.

Progress is definitely being made!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...