Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week in Review

Although I feel as though I didn't get to spend much time sewing, I see as I review the week that plenty was accomplished.

1.  All the Easter clothes are cut.  Unfortunately, this created a large mess of awkward scraps to trim.
2.  I completed six of the ten red blocks I still need for my sampler quilt.  Cutting the last ten blocks at once rather than one at a time had made the process much smoother.
3.  The top to my Madrona Road quilt is trimmed, the backing piece, and the batting cut.  Now to baste and choose a quilting design.
4.  All the shirts for a customer's t-shirt quilt are cut.  Woohoo!  Next up, finding a space to lay them to prepare for sewing them into a top!
5.  Several more spool blocks were completed.

I think my problem is that I want to get everything done right now, and that simply isn't possible. It wasn't possible even before JoJo was born.

In addition I planted seeds for 300+ tomato plants, some peppers and broccoli, and a few onions for fun. Potatoes still need to be cut up and planted, but I need dry ground first!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...