Saturday, February 7, 2015

Pinks!

Sewing, sewing, sewing.

Last week, I wasted time searching for my camera.  This week, I lost our budget ledger.  (Ack!  I need more sleep.)  Fortunately, I found it after a frantic few days, but I still haven't done as much sewing as I thought I would.

I did finish this super cute and simple doll quilt for my niece and goddaughter.  The Assistant sewed the strips together and quilted half of it.  I finished it up and bound it.  Hopefully my sister doesn't find the binding too weird, but I love the idea of the two sizes of stripes (and it was in my scrap box too!).  I especially love the back, which was a gift from Alaska.  I was happy to find a use that didn't required cutting up the lovely dolls!
I trimmed down all my scraps and snapped a picture, only to discover it was horribly blurry when I prepared to upload it.  Oh, well.  Y'all know what a pile of scraps looks like!

I'm working on the binding for my turquoise, lime, and white quilt.  Yesterday was busy and there were more important things than binding!

Be sure to check out other pink projects today!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a cute little quilt.

Kate said...

Very cute doll quilt. I really like the binding, it adds a bit of whimsy to the quilt. Hope things slow down so you can stitch a bit. It sounds like you need a sanity break.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

you are too funny...yes we do know all too well what a pile of scraps look like!

Deb A said...

The assistant did a great job on the quilt! Love the binding and the backing. Very cute. Hope things settle down and you can get so much needed sleep and some sanity sewing in. Hope the first aid kit has not had to come out this week =)

Jennie in GA said...

What a sweet gift! She should be thrilled.

Alzbeta said...

Your sister doesn't find it too weird at all... I love it! Colette is going to adore it - you're awesome!

Pattilou said...

You've shared stories of what happens to all of us. Your doll quilt is precious and I love the back!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute pinks.... go get some sleep lol!

Magpie Sue said...

I love the binding! Great solution for the doll print too. I also hate cutting some of my novelty prints up but they can't ALL be quilt backs!

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely little finished doll quilt. I'm sure your godchild will love it. The little Matrushka dolls on the back are beautiful. I haven't seen this fabric anywhere before.

Sheila said...

Wow! Love everything about your cute little doll quilt. Makes me want to make one, too.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Ah! I love the matryoshka dolls!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...