Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pretty Pinks

Let's start with JoJo updates, since I know you must all be anxious to know how we're all still whole.  He hurt his eye (third time's a charm?) but didn't need stitches.  This kid has insomnia like nobody's business.

Miss G likes to roll over when I'm not looking, so I have to be pickier when I lay her down so she doesn't roll into anything hard.  She's also quite a chatterer when the mood strikes, and it's so cute you can't help but stop what you're doing to listen.

On the sewing front, I whipped out the last two Easter clothes, a skirt and a dress for the girls.  I still have a few finishing touches for the dress, but it's good enough for the week.

I also made 24 more 16-patches.  I love how these blocks look, but since I'm working from scraps and not strips, it takes a LONG time to put these darlings together.  I don't have many pinks left, just some triangles and nine patches for my Bits and Bobs quilt are left.  It's really okay, since I have more of the Carrie Nation blocks that could use attention next week, and I need to work on some hand quilting!

Be sure to check out other scrappy pink projects every weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Great 16 patches! They do take a long time when working with scraps.

Scrappy quilter said...

Fun 16 patches.

Julierose said...

Oh I love how those little squares dance around with the bigger gals!! So cute! (P.S> for some reason Bloglovin won't let me comment from my feed--I am here from SOScrappy)..hugs, Julierose

Nell's Quilts said...

It's amazing how much quilting time is spent in the cutting of fabric. Your 16 patches look great.

Jennifer said...

great use of your scraps!

Mari said...

Wow, that's a lot of little squares!Looking good, though! Glad JoJo is okay. Those are the kind of stitches you want to skip!

scraphappy said...

Busy busy. It does take longer to use scraps than strips, but it is so much more satisfying

Karen said...

Very pretty 16 patch blocks. I like the two color combination.

Kate said...

Glad JoJo wasn't hurt any worse.

Very pretty 16 patches. Finishing 24 of those is pretty significant.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

busy household, it is a wonder you get so much done. I love your 16 patches, and yes they do take time, but so worth it.

Sheila said...

Love your scrappy pink 16-patch blocks. Yes. It does take longer to work up scraps than cutting into new fabric!
Sounds like you are making progress making Easter clothes this month : )

Deb A said...

Think JoJo will become a doctor when he grows up? Glad he is ok and so fun when babies chatter and roll over. Hope she does not take after her brother with injuries. Greg pink blocks.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...