Saturday, February 14, 2015

Scrappy, scrappy mess

Another wild ride pretty well sums up this week!  I managed some lovely sewing sessions, the laundry is done (even folded), and nobody is injured or crying, so I'm pleased with life right now.

Sunday afternoon, I whipped out the last stretch of binding on my zigzag quilt, now named January at the Beach.

Half of the Rainbow Star is officially sewn and pressed.  I love this quilt and only wish I'd had a few more triangles to enlarge it.  Since it will finish around 40" square, it's not large, but it will make a splendid wall hanging or baby quilt. I've even progressed far enough to ponder backing (a gradient, I think) and binding (most likely black, although I'm tossing about the idea of white).  It is splendid to have more of my design wall freed up!



My triangle nine patches are also together.  Only a few pink triangles made it into my bag, but I found more greys and turquoises, so plenty of progress was made.


One set of Carrie Nation blocks made it to quarter sections on Sunday, so throughout the week I pinned and sewed them into finished blocks. Rather pathetically, I never managed to press them.

The rest of my time has been spent on Easter clothes.  I finished Bear Cub's vest and made excellent progress on another for DH.

Check out more pink progress as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

The rainbow star quilt is coming together beautifully. Have you considered a rainbow of Lemoyne stars around the perimeter to "grow the quilt larger"?

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful Rainbow Star quilt. I love how the colors blend together. Great job!

Terri said...

I love your "9 patches" of triangles. I made some wonky patches like those last spring, thinking an unconventional quilt for my granddaughter's wedding quilt, but then changed my mind (again) and made her a Disappearing 4 Patch that I did like. Seeing how you have arranged your blox, maybe I can make a quilt out of my blox, too...someday. Thanks for sharing your works.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Just love your rainbow star!

Dasha said...

That Rainbow Star is absolutely awesome!! And what a sweet idea with those little scrappy triangles on the 9 patch block.

Kate said...

The Rainbow Star is coming together beautifully. You did a great job with the color gradients on that one.

Hope next week goes as smoothly has this one.

Cathy said...

Oh, that Rainbow Star is beautiful. And I like the triangle nine patch idea.

Magpie Sue said...

That rainbow star is going to be stunning. I'll be interested to see what you do with the triangle 9 Patches.

scraphappy said...

Great progress on your star. What a fabulous quilt it is becoming

make.share.give said...

Your triangle 9-patches are really neat.

Sheila said...

Your rainbow star quilt is coming together beautifully. Looking forward to seeing this one all together. Hope you will share pictures of the Easter clothes when they are finished.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...