Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June Goals

In May, I wanted to...

1.  Tell it to the Stars.  Fail.  I think this will have to wait for fall.

2.  Customer quilt.  Done.  Inadvertently sewed the wrong quilt together as neither of us realized there were two different quilts in the boxes.  The second (correct) quilt is also done.

3. Scraps: triangles, Bits and Bobs, 16 patch, and baste Rainbow Star.  Done, except for the Bits and Bobs.  I finished 19 blocks, but still have green parts left.

4.  Four hats/scarves/etc.  Done.

Bonus: 
5.  I finished the quilt for my niece.

6.  I finished a weighted blanket for JoJo.

7.  Spunky and I began a baby quilt.

8.  I began my Scraps to Treasures quilt.

In June, I teach a course for eight days and we travel for four, so sewing time is going to be hard to come by.  Even so, I'd like to...

1.  Finish the memorial quilts for my aunt.

2.  Get my Scraps to Treasures quilt to flimsy stage.  (fat chance)

3.  Get the strip sets done for the Assistant's scrappy Irish chain.

4.  Get Spunky's baby quilt to the flimsy stage.

5.  Light blue scraps:  I have the 16 patches done and no triangles to sew, so I'd like to buckle down on the Rainbow Star.  Also, I have lots of triangles the size for my Bits and Bobs, so some catch up there would be great.  I'm working on a blue, black, and brown quilt from 2.5" strips, and if that gets too dull, I could start a new quilt from stash fabrics in blues and greys.  It won't all get done, and much of it isn't light blue, but those are my scrappy plans for the month.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

May wasn't a bad month, you got a lot done. Even with the kids getting out of school.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...