Saturday, June 6, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Missing the Boat

I'm afraid my work isn't aligning with the color as nicely as I might hope.  I do have a baby quilt from stash and a stashed charm pack in the works.  This is Spunky's summer project:
 This next scrappy project isn't light blue, but it is blue.  I don't have light blue triangles or 16-patches to make this month since I used them with my dark blues previously, so this is my remaining blue project.
I might, given an unforeseen opportunity of time, start a quilt for my brother who's studying for his doctorate, but I really want to finish the above project first.  I am in a finishing mood, not a starting and leaving mood, so I might as well run with it!

Be sure to check out the lovely baby blues this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A finishing mood? What a wonderful state of being! Feel free to pass along your secret to arriving at that place in your quilting. :o))

Deb A said...

Hehe... I am in a finishing mood too! I'm sticking with it while it lasts 'cause it usually does not stick around too long. Kinda like the cleaning bug =) Enjoy playing with the blues no matter the shade.

Nell's Quilts said...

Such a sense of accomplishment when something is finished. Keep with your projects. They look great.

Edith said...

I like the look of Spunky's summer project, finishing is a good place to be, I like finishing, that's why I do long-arm quilting.

Jennifer said...

looks great!

Sheila said...

Love those prints. I LOVE finishes!

Scrappy quilter said...

I don't have many light blues either. Going to have to dig deep to find some.

Lori said...

Its all good! Blue is blue.

Kate said...

Since Angela suggested we could use light teals, I'm sticking with that color for June. It's all blue, so its all good. Good luck finishing up your projects.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...