Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Blues

I have pictures, but no camera cord, as we traveled to San Diego for a few days with DH's family.

Before we left for the trip, I finished another batch of blocks for my Bits and Bobs quilt.  There are still more to go (I definitely need more nine patches!), which I'll try to get to next week.  I find churning out copious amounts of the same block to be boring, so they were set aside.

Instead, I dccided to go for broke in finishing the large baby quilt in blues, blacks, and browns.  I managed the last few stitches in the binding before bed the night before our trip, and I did try some swirly quilting.  I, of course, have plenty of room for improvement, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  This will be for a special someone who is pregnant (not me!) if it turns out she's having a boy.

My Rainbow Star has also seen tremendous progress in the hand quilting arena.  I wanted to take it in my luggage, but was worried all the safety pins would slow us down at security, so I finished the quilting in five of the eight star points and thread basted the last three.  I have the cross hatching complete in three of the eight background areas and have started on a fourth.  I'm really pleased with how it's going and hope to make more progress in the remaining dats of June.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like great progress on finishing before your trip. Always feels good to go away with things left nicely done.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! You've been BUSY!!! Looking forward to seeing PICTURES... so go find that cord FAST. :o))

Magpie Sue said...

You managed to be productive in spite of the limitations you faced this week. Good job!

Dasha said...

Sounds like you are going great guns with the quilting of your Rainbow Star. Happy travelling.

Kate said...

Sounds like lots of progress, even if you couldn't stitch while you were off visiting family.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...