Friday, July 3, 2015

July Goals

In June, I wanted to...
1.  Finish the memorial quilts for my aunt.  Whew!  I found it hard to cut into my grandmother's handmade clothes.  It's over now, so I can stop worrying over these.

2.  Get my Scraps to Treasures quilt to flimsy stage.  (fat chance). Too afraid.  I cut the fabric and haven't sewn a lick.  I think this will have to wait until school starts.

3.  Get the strip sets done for the Assistant's scrappy Irish chain.  Instead, we sewed the 61 "alternate" blocks, which is a win in my book!

4.  Get Spunky's baby quilt to the flimsy stage.  We did it!  She had great fun laying out the squares without the Assistant's (ahem) help.

5.  Light blue scraps:  I quilted over half of the Rainbow Star, added 52 blocks to my Bits and Bobs collection, finished a quilt with (dark) blue scraps, and started a quilt in blues and greys for my brother.  All in all, well done!

In July, I'd like to...

1. Demolish the red scraps.  I have the usual: triangle nine patches, 16 patches, and Bibs and Bobs.  I'd love to finsh the Rainbow Star this month and pass it on to its donation home.

2. Finish Spunky's baby quilt.

3.  Help the Assistant finish the strip sets needed for the rest of the blocks to her quilt.

4.  Make a doll dress from uniform scraps.

5.  (this wasn't on my original goal list, but as I'm typing this post, I know Spunky will need a project.). I found a stack of light blues and purples I cut in odd sizes.  We'll try to make these work as a baby quilt.

If I finish those, I'll work in my brother's quilt and the last stack of coordinated fabrics.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you did OK in June, especially since you had all the kids home from school. Good luck with your July goals. After 2 weeks of vacation, I'm behind on all things. Slowly catching up on blogs and email.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...