Saturday, July 18, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Red Edition

Somehow, I had a notion that I would finish my Rainbow Star quilt this week.  Alas, I didn't even accomplish my reasonable goal for hand quilting, not to mention finishing it.  There's always next week, right?  I have one background section and one star point, so I'm down to the last 1/8 of this lovely little quilt.  I'll be a little sad when it's done, as I don't have another small project ready to go yet.

I sewed up my triangles for my Bits and Bobs quilt, so those blocks will work up quickly next week.  I will again have too many triangle blocks and  not enough tiny nines, but this is not the month to remedy that issue.

The Assistant is inches away from having all her block pieces sewn of a scrappy Irish chain, based n Bonnie Hunter's quilt.  I see many hours of pinning before me, but she's really enjoying her work, and I'm happy to share my love of quilting.

My friend who received the rainbow Carrie Nation quilt recently inherited a long arm, so we're making plans to figure it out together.  I'm kind of excited!

Be sure to be inspired this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Golly! your rainbow Star is beautiful--what a lovely piece. Hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Learning how to use a longarm! So exciting. I am sure the nine patches will catch up to the triangles again some day. They don't really have to match until you get to the end of the quilt.

PaulaB quilts said...

The Rainbow Star is beautiful and a nice size. Is that the backing fabric it is laying on? A clever combination. Guess you will have a lot of exciting things to tell us about your long arm experiences. How great for both of you!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

There's something to be said for having NEXT WEEK's blocks ready to sew! Good luck finding the time. Is that the NON-sleeper pictured? He's getting SO big!

gayle said...

Your rainbow star is beautiful!
Have fun playing with the new toy!

Kate said...

Hopefully you'll have some stitching time this week to finish off that gorgeous Rainbow Star and work on your other projects too.

Deb A said...

Someone looks wide awake! Hope you all got more sleep this past week. Maybe it is slow going knowing you don't have another little hand project ready yet. Plenty of time and there is always 'next week'!

Magpie Sue said...

I have no doubt you and your friend will figure out the long arm machine in no time. Oh the quilts you will quilt!

Sheila said...

Your rainbow star is beautiful. Have fun with the long arm. Someone looks wide awake and ready for an adventure.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...