Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Reveling in Red

Busy is the name of the game around here, folks.  JoJo isn't sleeping again, which means DH and I aren't sleeping enough, which means I'm too tired to quilt when there's time!

I did finish these blocks.
Thirteen isn't bad.  I'm nearing the end of the triangle bag, so I'm going to have to think about setting issues soon.  Borders?  On point?  How big do I want this?  I don't know!

Next week, I hope to have a finished Rainbow Star quilt to share, but that may be pushing my luck.

Be sure to check out all the other red projects (and if you haven't started playing with us yet, why not?)!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

I hope everyone gets some sleep soon!

scraphappy said...

I do remember well the sleepless nights followed by sleepy days. I think this quilt might want a straight set with a small light colored border for holding the edges together during quilting. I am sure it will start talking to you soon.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree with Angela - straight set, colors all scattered . . .

Nell's Quilts said...

I love the liberated triangles - no matter the size, just use them up. They just dance across the backgrounds. Hope the Jo Jo gets backon track soon. Sleepless nights are no fun.

Sheila said...

So sorry to hear you are getting no sleep.
I agree. Straight set with colors scattered.

gayle said...

Good luck with the sleeping. (I remember those days well.)
And since you're not sleeping, it's better to postpone a decision on the quilt. Srsly.

Deb A said...

Oh no. Sleepless nights are not fun. Hope everyone gets back on schedule and gets some rest. Your triangles are looking great - yea for reaching the end of the bag. Quite an accomplishment. It will talk to you soon - maybe after some sleep as to how it wants to finish off. Good luck

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ah! Quilting "by the seat of your pants"... my kind of quilter!! LOL
Sorry to hear that there is little sleep being had at your house. Makes the day to day a BIT more challenging!!

Kate said...

Looks like you were able to make some progress. Hope JoJo starts sleeping better soon.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...