Saturday, September 17, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Moving Right Along

Well, it rained again.  This time, it was only two inches, so while the ditches filled up, the road stayed clear.  Whew!

I managed to baste my mom's quilt, but didn't make any further progress.

I was too busy trying to get one set of pieces sewn up to my Odd Fellows quilt.  I chose to start with the more finicky piece, all triangles, and while I didn't get all 33 sets of 8 done, I made significant progress.  There's still hope that I'll finish this quilt for a Christmas gift for my nephew!
My Teal Swap mini has finally made it to the post office, so I don't live in fear of the kids decorating it any further.  Of course I didn't snap a picture, but that's okay.

A new stocking was begun in brown, royal blue, and ice blue.  I think this one will be for PK and the one I finished last week will be for JoJo.  This is my portable project, so I'm not too concerned with making rapid progress.  It's going quilt despite this, as it's almost all appliqué and very little embroidery.  After this one, unfortunately, I'm out of patterns, as Prairie Moon Quilts has only published 7 and I don't think a new one will be forthcoming this year, as she's crazy busy.
My last big accomplishment was finishing all the (super simple) blocks for a teacher quilt.  I completed the strip sewing in between batches of triangles.
The only scrap of rose sewing this week was a test block for one of my scrappy projects for next year.  I'll be making hour glass units from my 2.5" scraps, and I wasn't sure how big they would come out.  Once Odd Fellows is done, I intend to do a healthy dose of pre-cutting, so that when the baby arrives, I'll still be able to stitch a little without too much preparation.

Be sure to check out all the lovely rose and gold projects this week.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have a lot of great projects going on! It is so sweet of you to make a quilt for a teacher - I'm sure it will be really appreciated. Handmade gifts for teachers are rare!

Nell's Quilts said...

So many wonderful projects on the go. You must have quite the organizational system to keep it all sorted.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good idea to get things ready to pick up and sew!! Especially, since you'll be EXTRA busy once baby arrives.

PaulaB quilts said...

You're getting a lot done. Thank the Lord no more flooding. I'm also doing quilt, have not shown it yet. What will the finished hourglass size be? Anything 2.5 inches interests me. Have a good week.

Kate said...

Looks like you've made progress on a lot of projects. Good luck with the Goodfellows quilt. Hopefully you'll have enough time to finish off those first set of blocks.

Pamela Arbour said...

You really got a lot accomplished. Congratulations. Sometimes it is hard to see progress.

gayle said...

Oh, dear. At this point you must just be holding your breath every time it rains...
I always love seeing all your projects! I can't believe how much you get done!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...