Friday, September 2, 2016

September Goals

In August, I hoped to...
1. Work on grey scraps: trim, last 4 appliqué, Bits and Bobs, and start on my mom's yellow and grey quilt. Yup, yup, yup.

2. Finish the quilt for Memaw.  Done!

3. Work on something for my uncle.  I'm not sure what shape it will take!  Done!  I don't like it but it does the job.

4.  Ugh.  The mending is piling up, and I already have two new pieces, but I finished the old pile!

In September, I need to sew like mad...
1.  Scraps, as always: trimming, finish the appliqué quilt, sew up some more Bits and Bobs. 

2.  Finish my mom's quilt.

3.  Cut the remaining blocks for my Odd Fellow quilt, and start stitching!

4.  Finish PK's stocking.

5.  Make a mug rug for my first ever swap.

6.  Maybe think about a quick quilt for teachers.  Somehow, I only have one ready, with nothing in the pipeline.  Since the baby is due before Christmas, it's clear my brain wasn't working when I DIDN'T plan teacher quilts.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You had a pretty busy summer, it's hard to plan when your brain is full. Good luck with your goals this month.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...