Thursday, September 1, 2016

September UFO Update

Two years ago (or three?), when I first joined Vicki's UFO Busting Challenge, I was quite dissatisfied with my (to me) atrociously long list of UFOs.  So many of the projects were non-quilty or simply tedious, and it was nice that the link-up definitely spurred me on to clearing out the silly to do list. This brings us to the current list:

Something Done"
1. Tell It to the Stars (quilting)
2. Stockings (4 of 7)
3. Applique
4. Bits and bobs
5. Odd Fellow
6. Mom's grey and yellow
7. ABC applique
8. placemat

Not Started Yet/On Hold
9. pillow
10. Orphan blocks
11. Scrappy DWR
12. Embroidered pillows

August 1: 13 UFOs
Started: 1
Finished/abandoned: 2
July 31: 12 UFOs

I completed Memaw's quilt and the project for Uncle Ron.  I am not pleased with the quality of the finished product for my uncle, but in reality he probably will stick it in a closet and never look at it again, so I'm trying not to beat myself up too much.  I added a placemat for the new baby to my list, even if I'm not quite ready to decide what it should look like.

In reality, the four "on hold" projects have no future out of the box right now.  They are on the list more to remind me that I want to do them someday than out of any prospective progress.  Come January, I'll be bulking up my list with all my new projects for this year, but for now, I'll focus on completing two more projects, the applique quilt and my mom's quilt.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

At least you have a plan, that helps a lot. If you makes you feel any better my UFO list stands at 17.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...