Saturday, April 22, 2017

Stitches in a Prism

Barn Dance blocks, four of them, now compete with threads for center stage on my design wall.  (Does anyone have low-effort solutions to the thread "art" that clings to the table cloth?). I cut the rest of my blocks for this quilt over spring break, so it was a quick jaunt from perusing my cut blocks and stitching them up.

It is clearly spring around here!  I was able to catch a bee swarm while my husband was gone.  We've hatched a few turkeys.  I'm picking asparagus and watching the strawberry blooms and rhubarb shoots with great anticipation.  Friday replaced my watering schedule with a pleasant rain.

My 16 patch quilt has taken over my sewing time these days.  I have the first third finished, with the second in strips and the third in blocks.  My goal is, God willing to have the quilt basted next week. It needs to get done ASAP.

In the meantime, PK is busy moving, growing, and exploring.  I'm remembering to be more careful with the iron cord and pins, as any day now he will be pulling down and picking up!

Be sure to visit all the multihued progress this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

There is nothing like fresh asparagus! My mom used to grow it in her garden, and I love it! I have the same trouble with my design wall - it is a flannel sheet hung over an old entertainment center. I wish I knew how to get rid of all those threads! I like the blocks you've been making!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! The challenges of quilting with little ones around!! Best of luck meeting your 16-Patch goal. BTW... your Barn Dance blocks are turning out nicely. That quilt is sure to be a stunner!!

LA Paylor said...

keep sewing! Here's to reaching your goal!

Maker Joy said...

Your projects are wonderful. Good luck with finishing your 16-patch in time.

A friend of mine uses a lint roller to pull up the loose threads. Another friend lets it build and build until blocks no long stick well and then replaces it. (I have a design floor, so it gets vacuumed on a regular(ish) basis - so no help for you there.)

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...