Saturday, May 6, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Green-Tinged

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

I started the week with trimming down scraps (it's so satisfying to put the tidy piles away) and focused on Spunky's flimsy as I awaited the newest color reveal.  I managed to focus so well, that this lovely is awaiting pressing!  I even have a backing ready to piece, so I'm going to quilt this one next week.  It was Spunky's project, but she's not really ready for quilting.  I need to find other things for her to make.  (I may try to teach her crocheting, but she's a righty and I'm a lefty, so we'll go to Youtube for lessons.)

Once I knew the color of the month (lovely, luscious green), I pulled out my orphans and my garden party blocks.  On my wall, I have the actual orphan blocks, and on my floor is a smattering of orange, green, and tan pieces.  I had one block made of orange, green, and white, but I opted to strip it down into its original components rather than try to incorporate it in the orphan quilt.  I see some more nine patches in my future for this one.
 from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Be sure to check out all the other green projects this weekend!

12 comments:

Chantal said...

Congrats to Spunky for her happy quilt. She did excellent! I think you are the best teacher for the crochet lessons. I'm a lefty too and a righty thought me to crochet. If you sit in front of her, she can copy your movements, as a mirror, with her right hand. Good luck with that project.
Love the green 9 patches. Intrigued about this orphan blocks quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy GREENS month -- and good luck with the crocheting lessons. My grandmother tried to teach me (we were both right handed) but I never did take to it. I wish she had taught me how to quilt instead - she did some lovely work.

Kathy S. said...

Love the Garden Party blocks! Happy sewing.

Deb A said...

What a great quilt she made! Love the colors. Those nine patch blocks in green are lovely.

Kate said...

Spunky's quilt turned out beautifully! Looking forward to seeing how your orphan project develops this month.

Cathy said...

Congrats to Spunky on her awesome quilt!, I think she's got a great teacher. Looking forward to seeing how your orphans come together!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great job Spunky made of the quilt top. So bright and cheery. I wonder how that green orphan block quilt will come together.

PaulaB quilts said...

Great finish for Spunky's quilt. Have fun with the greens.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Spunkys Flimsy is awesome!!! and love the greens - should be a fun week for you ;-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to stay busy, Katie!! Tell Spunky that her flimsy is AWESOME!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good for you for keeping up with the scraps! I have to make myself do that now and then. Spunky's quilt is lots of fun - how will you quilt it?

Ivani said...

Pretty quilt. This week I started doing some crochet squares to put on blankets that will be delivered to nursing homes. Good lucky with the crocheting lessons.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...