Tuesday, May 30, 2017

UFO Progress

This month, my UFO assignment was #11.  I finished that back in March, when I stitched through all four sides of white filler in one month rather than two.  I'm rather inclined to push along this quilt before my mojo leaves me or the heat smothers me!

I opted for #10, which is outlining and filling in all the chains on the quilt.  I outlined first, then filled in little "shell" shapes.  I'm glad I chose this now, as I had large potions of the quilt in my lap, and soon (like today), it's too warm to have a whole queen quilt in my lap!
I apologize for a lousy picture.  I'm in the midst of packing for me to go one way with four kids and my husband to go another with two kids for the next five days.  It's chaos and I'm in a hurry!

Since this step went quickly and I had a week left, I decided to add on one more quilt block.  I opted for block 8, which is one of the two blocks in the middle of the quilt.  With this beauty complete, all of my work is now on the outside of the quilt, so I won't be so worried about getting too hot.  I outlined one more, so I'm moving along nicely.

I only have four months (maybe less?) of steps left, so at the latest, I hope to finish the quilt by the end of September.  Woohoo!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress! You've been doing so well on moving this along.

Vireya said...

Very nice! It's good when the end is in sight.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...