Monday, May 1, 2017

UFO Progress

Judy Laquidara chose UFO #1 for April.  For me, that was hand quilting blocks 3, 4, and 5.  Fortunately, I already had block 3 done.  I didn't unfold my quilt all the way when I figured out where 4 and 5 were, and it turns out I didn't do 4 and five at all.  Instead, I did 7 and 11.  It all comes out to progress in the end, so I'm going to count it.
 7 and 11 are the middle blocks in the top picture.
Blocks 4 and 5 are the two lower blocks on the left side of this lower picture.  I guess another month, when I should do 7 or 11!  (For those wondering, the pattern is Tell it to the Stars, a free monthly pattern by Judy.)

Judy chose #11 for May.  Let's see what that is...  White filler in the outer white border.  It turns out I finished that in March, so I've elected to do #10 next, which is outlining and filling in all the chains for the entire quilt.  I think I'll tackle outlining first, since it requires no marking.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are making great progress in between picking up Cheerios!

Dar said...

Such a pretty quilt and you are making great progress on it, regardless of the order that you do it. All progress is good.

Vireya said...

It is a beautiful quilt!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...