Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October Goals

In September, I wanted to...
1.  Sew scraps like mad: finish Bits and Bobs, finished my hourglass quilt, finish my mini 9s blocks, sew 5 more Garden Party blocks, sew 4 more Barn Dance blocks, and use up a few more orphans.  The pile is so small, the end is in sight! I did it all (except finish the orphan quilt, although I did get it to a flimsy and basted).

2. Rose appliqué: progress.  Always onward, right?  Not much, unfortunately.

3.  Finish my Teal Mini Swap and mail it.  Yes!

4.  Complete the next step for the Meadow Mist Mystery.  Yes!

5.  I need a UFO goal.  I think it will go with the orphan blocks in orange, since I finished my hand quilting of Tell it to the Stars in July.  The next UFO was the alphabet quilt in blue, which I finished in August, so now it's time to wrap up the orphan blocks!  Not finished, but progress.

In October, I would like to...
1.  Tackle those scraps: trim, finish the Garden Party blocks, get mini 9s and Barn Dance to the flimsy stage, finish the hourglass  and orphan block quilts, and make a body pillow cover from other leftovers.

2.  Make oodles of progress on the Rose appliqué.

3.  Complete the next step in the Magnolia Mystery.

4.  Mending.  It has piled up, and needs to be gone before company comes for Thanksgiving.

That's it.  Those goals are big, so I need to get sewing!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck! I hope the mending goes fast, that's my least favorite chore.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...