Saturday, June 2, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Messy

The first full week of everyone home for the summer means a touch of chaos.  I actually printed chore lists and a schedule, which is serving us well.  Still, I’ve lost track of earlier in the week!

I did finish the pink and yellow Stained Glass Stars.  Yay!

I sorted and trimmed and put away scraps.  Success!

I sewed up 30 Jared Takes a Wife/Blackford Beauty Blocks in red, green, and cream for a Christmas quilt.  The various block parts have served as leaders and enders for a few months.

I dug out all my aqua/turquoise/not blue not green scraps and thought to myself, “Self, there is no way we can sort, cut, and sew all this before month’s end.”  To which I replied, “Challenge accepted.”  I get myself into trouble with this internal conversations!

The dragon quilt is officially under the needle.  I have two kids and DH gone for a few days, all in different places, and I’m trying to take advantage of the time by quilting the entire quilt.  I’ve found the binding is harder for me than the quilting since my fingers cramp around a needle, so I can quilt to my heart’s content and not worry about the pain later.

Be sure to check out all the beautiful, inspiring projects this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your churn dashes and stars are so pretty, Katie! I like the blocks for your Christmas quilt, too. I've got some cutting with my aqua and teal scraps to do, too! Have a great week!

Mari said...

Those internal conversations get me into trouble too! Those stars are so pretty in pink and yellow. A whole quilt in those colors would be great!

Annette Mandel said...

Wow, you have to stop daring yourself to do impossible tasks! Glad you made checklists for summer--it does help to keep some kind of routine. A78mandel at yahoo dot com

Katie said...

Go Self, go! Great blocks and enjoy the time off from the family!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Reminder: There IS a thing called machine binding!!! Just saying...

Deb A said...

I agree with Joyful - try machine binding so you don't overdo on your hand. Now to go back and read past posts... it has been way too long since I visited you! Hope all is well. djaquilter at yahoo . com

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...