Saturday, July 28, 2018

I Did a Thing

I finished my churn dash blocks.
I made an ironing board cover.  It could use a few adjustments, but it's not falling apart at the seams.  I've already made a clutter disaster, as I also moved all my fabric out of the under-stairs storage spot so JoJo could try storing his trains under there.  It's not working yet, but we're going to keep trying.
 The big thing I did was this:
All my 16-patches are done!  I'd do a happy dance, but I'm currently sick to my stomach about a bad thing I did accidentally.

My daughter took over 300 pictures on our trip to Nebraska.  I thought I exported all the photos to a folder, then deleted the pictures from iCloud.  We were out of storage, and I already keep my quilt pictures out of Photos for this reason.  It turns out, only 40 of the photos had exported.  I feel terrible.  And no, there is no recovering them.  Since we were out of storage, the photos went immediately to permanent deletion.  (Ooh, DH found a way to recover the files from the SD card.  I will get the photos printed ASAP before I do anything else foolish.)


10 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice job on the churn dashes and 16 patches! Sorry about the photos--I'm glad your husband could recover some (all?) of them. I'm sure all of us have done things like that, I know I have!
Have a good week,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh that was a close call on the photos... that is scary!
Go to your sewing room for the day to recover! LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I need to make an ironing board cover, too. The one I have is embarrassing! Yours looks great, as do your other projects! I'm glad your tech problem was fixable - that can be so frustrating!

Marie said...

Totally LOVE your red blocks - gorgeous and rich. And brave to DH for salvaging the photos. I could feel the angst in the pit of my stomach as I was reading your post so I can only imagine how you felt. Time to celebrate with a little more sewing. BTW, all of those blue and white blocks are stunners too.

Julierose said...

Your churn dashes are great--what a lovely Hot summer quilt...sure is hot and humid here--
And big congrats on your finish of your lovely 16-patch piece--have you noticed the coolness of that next to those hot hot hot churns? ;))) Great job....
hugs, Julierose

maggie fellow said...

Oh - a devastating feeling about the photos. great piecing work to get so far.

Deb A said...

So glad DH was able to recover the photo's. Great job on the 16 patches and making an ironing cover - great job.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of all those 9-Patch blocks!! Lucky thing DH found a way to retrieve those photos. The Cloud makes me very nervous for that very reason. Too many horror stories!

scraphappy said...

Deleting photos accidentally is always such a sad feeling. Glad you didn't loose more. The 16 patches look great!

Kate said...

Oh what a sickening feeling that had to be. Glad he was able to recover the photos from the SD card. Love your red churn dash blocks and the 16 patches. You've been busy in the sewing room.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...