Friday, July 13, 2018

Finished Quilt: Christmas Blackford Beauty

It's been done more than a week, and I simply haven't laid it out for a photo!  Having time, light, and a clear space has been a challenge.

Here's my Christmas version of Blackford Beauty or, as Bonnie Hunter calls it, Jared Takes a Wife.  It's an oversized twin (laying on a queen for this picture) for one of my guest beds (a trundle bed) in the basement office.  Since my sister and her family regularly stay with us for the holidays, I'd like to have a few seasonal quilts for them.

My gold fabric gave out on me about 20 sashing squares short of a finish, but I, fortunately, found a non-metallic gold leftover from the aforementioned sister's double wedding ring quilt that worked well enough.

I definitely overcut for this quilt, but as I wanted it scrappy, I cut 2" strips from all the reds and greens I might use.  There's a reason my 2" scrap box is overflowing.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Theoketos said...

This is one of my favorite color schemes! It kind of reminds me of a Norman Rockwell Holiday palette.

Kate said...

Oh this beautiful! Congrats on getting it to the finished flimsy stage.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...