Friday, July 6, 2018

July Goals

In June, I wanted to...
1.  Keep up on aqua scraps: trim, churn dash, Stained Glass Stars, and maybe even the 16-patches.  Done, except for the mountain of 16-patches.  73 down, probably 150 to go!

2. Quilt and bind the dragon quilt for Q, since it’s been basted since before my accident.  Oh, happy day, it's finished!

3.  Finish the Christmas quilt.  I did make it to flimsy and basted stage, but not quite to quilting and binding.  Next month!

4.  Start the Meadow Mist Designs Quilt along, which will be based off her Plus Quilt book.  Not yet.  The design has been revealed, and I'm not sure I'm on board.  I had a specific set of colors I wanted to use, and I'm not sure I can adapt this pattern to my needs.  We'll see.

In July, I'd like to
1.  Keep up with the red and maroon scraps: trim, churn dash, Stained Glass Stars, 16-patches.

2.  Churn out more aqua/teal/turquoise 16-patches.

3. Finish the Christmas Quilt.

4.  Make a new ironing board cover.  The current one is truly falling apart.

5.  My daughters have requested a dress and four aprons (one for each girl, and one for their doll).  I'm not such a garment sewer, but I'll try!

6.  Progress on another UFO, probably the rainbow log cabin, since I have an intended recipient due in September.  (Not my baby, but a new nephew!)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on a pretty successful June. I was going to do the Plus sampler too, but I'm not too thrilled with the layout. Since I really want to get some UFOs done, I'm going pass on that project this year. Good luck with you July goals. Stay cool and happy stitching.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...