Saturday, May 25, 2024

Pink Scraps

This has been another discombobulated week as the Assistant graduated from high school, Q was promoted from 8th grade, and the rest finished school Wednesday.  I cleaned up my room at school and am anxious about having two rooms next year: a classroom and my atrium, which is less like a classroom. 
My flowers are all done for this month.  Some of them look better than others.
I am struggling with my 16 patches.  There are so many things to do outside the sewing room, and so many pink scraps that need to be sewn up.  I’d rashly hoped I could get these to halves before the end of the week, but I’ll be lucky to get them all into 4 patches.  The big girls and I have a little trip this weekend.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

The end of the school year is hectic enough without graduations. You definitely had a lot going on. Enjoy the trip with the girls. You'll have time for stitching at some point.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have totally missed the pink month for my RSC quilts and hope to rejoin the colors at some point. I have gotten side tracked from all of those but I guess it is nice to take a break now and then

Susie H said...

Sounds busy to me too but rest will come soon enough. Enjoy that vacation! I think your blocks look great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

As you well know, Katie, life gets in the way of our quilting sometimes. You can save the unsewn PINK bits for next year's RSC or continue to power through as time allows. Hoping you and the girls enjoyed your little trip this weekend! Summer's coming so hang in there. Sounds like good news about next year's classroom situation. Congrats!

August Block Count

 I thought I wrote this, but it seems to be lost somewhere or I never wrote it at all… August was a quiet block month, with only 42 16-patch...