Sunday, May 19, 2024

Stash Report Week #20 and 15 Minutes

 It was a whirlwind of a week!  The Assistant graduated from high school today.  We had lots of graduation activities this week, activities to wind down the year, appointments to prepare for next year, and just usual life.

In betwixt and between, I finishing the binding on the New York Beauty quilt, quilted and bound my last box blocks quilt, and baste the entire hexagon quilt.


My 15 minutes a day in the hexagon quilt definitely happened; the basting was quite the process and I even ran out of pins.  I’m having a hard time getting comfortable quilting, but it’s been a long time since I hand quilted a quilt.

IN this week: 1/4 yard
OUT this week: 13 yards

IN YTD: 18 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 32 3/4 yards
YTD Total: 14 1/4 yards OUT

This week’s work made lovely progress back towards my goal of using twice my purchases for the year.  My piles of 16 patches are growing, so when I’m ready to make them into quilts, I will use another healthy amount of fabric.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.  



1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a very busy week. Congrats to the Assistant on her graduation. Love all those blues in your box block quilt.

Catching Up

 Huzzah for block halves! I clearly don’t have as many aqua scraps as red and blue, which means this week I caught up to my self-imposed goa...