Sunday, May 5, 2024

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine in the end.  My extra fantastic quilt backing arrived from Vicki, so as soon as I finished the last corner, the quilt is ready to baste.  It’s too wide for my hand quilting frame, so I’ll pin baste and drape it over the frame to keep it ready to work on.

My stash report has become rather unbalanced as I bought the quilt backing and two scraps of white from the store this week.  I use the white as quickly as I find it, but as I need to finish two quilts this month, the report is currently headed the wrong way.

IN this week: 6 1/4 yards
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 16 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 19 3/4 yards
YTD Total: 3 1/2 yards OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are still in the black on the fabric out front even with the new additions. So sorry you missed a day of stitching! Sometimes it just can't be helped. We all have those days where we run out of time/energy before we get to all that's on our list.

Bonnie said...

Any overall fabric out is a win by me. I went a little (or more a lot) wild in March and I'll be lucky to break even. Time to quilt a couple more quilts and stay away from the physical stores, on line sources, free table at guild... Hope you jump back in stitching every day. Things interrupt our sewing time. Hopefully later in the year rather than the beginning.

The Week in Review

I finished the New York Beauty quilt.  Spunky took it to school for her art teacher, and he already sent home a thank you note, so I know it...