Wednesday, October 22, 2008

KU Bags complete!


I finished my KU bags today: a tote bag with an inner and outer pocket, a small purse (for the assistant, who loves purses), and a lunch bag-type gift bag. I think they turned out fabulously, and I used 3/4 yard KU fabric and 1/2 yard matching red.

You can see my assistant's kitchen in the background. It takes up as much space in the sewing room as the sewing machine table! She doesn't approve of me cleaning her kitchen, so it is in a nearly-perpetual state of disarray. That's okay. I'm not allowed to cook in it either!

We have been awake since 4 a.m. (except for a nap from 5:30-7 a.m.) because Screamer (DD#2) woke up at 4 and refused nursing or a dark room as incentives to sleep. A mighty storm blew through around then, so that may be partly to blame. She actually laughed a good part of the time, so I can't complain.

So, Monday was a new water heater. Guess what today is? A leaky toilet! We are doing our part to support the economy! Fortunately, it's not leaking so severely that I have to turn off the water to the toilet. Things could be much worse.

It is a good day today!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Up with babies! - such hard work!! I hope you get some sleep tonight.
Cute bags, I particularily like your assistant's purse.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...