Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stash Report Week #40



The aprons are finally complete. That's 15 3/4 yards out. While my camera is apparently broken irreparably, I have borrowed DH's and hope to keep it unbroken!

There are aprons for my mom, sisters, & SIL in the first picture. The other picture (taken in my bathroom!) is the 2 aprons for myself, the 2 aprons for my daughters (on the outside), and for my new niece! The pictures are hurriedly taken because the assistant wanted to help and open the shower curtain.

I also went to the shop hop this weekend. I think I counted 28 7/8 yards in from that. Some of the fabric I will be using for a second place drawing in my giveaway if I receive 100 comments.

The first picture shows, on the right, fabrics I purchased for my BIL's quilt (if he likes the fabric). I don't usually work in those colors, so please let me know what you think. Do they "go"? I am going to use a pattern from Bonnie Hunter's new book - I received it in the mail before I went shop hopping and was thrilled to find a pattern I love. I know she uses scraps, but I just don't have enough scraps to make a full quilt of lights and darks.

On the left are mostly fabrics I purchased for myself, although the white is for a baby quilt and the black is for my dad's quilt. I really like the snowflake fabrics and the green-on-white dragonfly fabric. It just made me smile when I saw it.Then there are all these fat quarters. I bought some of them because the assistant needed something to carry around in the stores. I made it to six stores, and she came with me to five. Whew! I collect snowflake, star, and turquoise fabrics for myself, and most of these fit one of those descriptions.
That would make my totals for the year:
OUT This week: 15 3/4 yds
OUT YTD: 134 3/4 yds

IN this week: 28 7/8 yds
IN YTD: 126 1/4 yds

YTD: 8 1/2 yards OUT!

I don't feel guilty about my purchases because I'm still ahead, and I don't really have a huge stash. I could probably fit all of my cotton fabrics in 3 or 4 large plastic containers. I tried to buy only what I really loved for myself, and the few freebies I got are just fun to add in. Maybe I will win a prize, and then wouldn't that be fun to share with you! I also received a free pattern and bought another. Maybe later this week I will snap a photo and show you. The assistant is crying out of exhaustion (She says she doesn't want to wear a diaper; she wants to wear panties. I can't let that happen since she isn't even remotely toilet-trained.) so it is time to go to bed!

6 comments:

Christopher Lewis said...

I like the fabric colors

Granny said...

You did good with those aprons! Your fabrics are pretty and will make gorgeous quilts! I think the fabrics look real good together. Do you have a hard time using the fabrics that you like to collect?

CuteStuffInside said...

Thanks for entering my FALL INTO FALL "I Want Candy!" giveaway. Good luck to you!

S.W.A.K.
www.CuteStuffInside.blogspot.com

Lori in South Dakota said...

That's a lot of sewing, all those aprons! And I laughed at the thought of the "assistant" opening the shower curtain. Those are the best times. And I like your BIL's colors, those are my type of colors.

Martha said...

I love the aprons! Isn't it fun to have such wonderful assistants. (Good luck on the potty training!!!)

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

Love the aprons...I have some fabrics set aside to work on when the children travel for the next hockey tournament. I like the pattern you used.

have a wonderful day!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...