Friday, October 31, 2008

Funky Friday

My dreams become really bizarre when I haven't slept decently for two days. Woo! My daughters have had nasty cold/allergy illnesses in which they cry half the night. When they each take different times to wake up, that means I'm awake most of the night. The poor things; I hope they sleep better tonight for their own sakes. They look so miserable with runny noses and red eyes.

The weather has been warmer for the last two days, which is a good thing as I haven't turned on the heat yet. I should have earlier in the week, but DH and a friend are seeing who can go longer without turning on the heat. We have had a fire in the fireplace every day for a week or so, but today it's 66 in the house when we woke up.

Yesterday, when I was waiting for the assistant to fall asleep for naptime, I finished a new skirt from Indygo Junction, the Great Fit Gored Skirt. I added a waistband, pocket, and 4 inches in length, and I like it! The skirt was made with fabric DH bought me for Mother's Day. I'm going to make a different pattern out of the same fabric for my older sister and maybe my younger - at least I have 5 or so yards of it left. (DH bought the rest of the bolt.) I'm also going to scrounge in the short lengths of fabric for some pieces I can seam together to make the Amy Butler hat pattern I have.

I'm going to make a Coca-Cola quilt for my dad to have something to hand quilt this winter. When it's cold, my sewing room is 49 F or later - so cold my fingers won't work - so I'm trying to get a few projects to stages where I can mostly work on them downstairs, where the heat actually warms the house!

Happy All Hallows Eve!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
Katie Z. (with a fairy & baby cat next to me!)

1 comment:

Christopher Lewis said...

aw...sorry to hear that they are sick

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...