Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stash Report Week #44

This week, I had 2 finishes and 2 buys/gifts...

I purchased 5 yards of fabric from Peggy Toole when I discovered the fabric I was longing for was out of print... (pictures to follow when I have a camera and computer in the same place!)

Then, Karol-Ann sent me a fat quarter of lovely star fabric because I sent her some roses for her hexagon rose quilt. That was so kind of her!

I finished the scrap quilt... by turning it into a duffle-type bag for DH's enormous T-shirt quilt (8'x9'). That was 6 yards out, since I line it with old fabric instead of batting.

I also finished a skirt for another 3 yards out.

Therefore...

IN this week: 5 1/4 yards
IN YTD: 143 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 9 yards
OUT YTD: 170 yards

TOTAL: 26 1/2 OUT!

I have no plans to buy more fabric in the near future, but hope to work towards many more projects before year's end: a Coca-cola themed quilt for my dad, a hat using the Amy Butler Blue Sky Hats pattern, skirts for my sisters, 2 aprons for my MiL and step-MiL. Maybe I can convince DH to watch the girls so I can take part in Judy's quiltathon in 2 weeks! (Shh... don't laugh. I'm dreaming here!)

3 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

hehe-quit mentioning the aprons--I want to make some! But am buried in finshing quilts right now. Last count there were nine waiting. Sigh Most of them aren't mine!

Donna said...

Good luck on all those future projects. You're doing great so far this year!

pdudgeon said...

using 170 yards of fabric so far this year is really really good!!!
putting it into perspective that's the full length of a football field and back to the 50 yard line again!!!
you should really be proud to have used so much fabric this year.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...