Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stash Report Week #45 & Halloween

Let's see if blogger cooperates as I some belated pictures to upload! Make sure you look because I may not post pictures of my girls ever again... I'm paranoid, you know, but these are so cute I need to share!

Stash report first:
IN this week: 1 1/4 yard purple star & calico
IN this year: 144 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 4 1/4 yards
OUT this year: 174 1/4 yards

YTD Total: 29 1/2 yards !!!

I finished a hat from Amy Butler and 2 more aprons. Hopefully the aprons are done for a while (at least until DH thinks of another woman who needs one!).

Here's a picture of the fabric I talked about last week.

Then... you know that holiday called Halloween? We were on our own (DH out of town), but I snapped a few pictures of the assistant, lovely as a fairy, and Screamer, who lived up to her nickname! She was supposed to be a cat, but she refused to wear the costume so she didn't trick-or-treat. She's too young for candy anyhow, so she says, "Dang, Mama, what were you thinkin'? Who said I wanted a fuzzy, scratchy hat on my head? I sure didn't! Geroff!"

The assistant said, "I don't want to be a cat." Forget that DH's aunt was lovely and bought cute costumes for both girls. No, no cat today. Instead, "Pretty." Okay, so we'll be a fairy in a borrowed costume. I can do that. We have tights, we have a sweater... we have FACE PAINT? That was for cat faces, not fairies. Sigh. So, we have face paint. What to do for a fairy? I was inspired by bingo-bonnie's face painting at her fall festival. One complication. The assistant still sucks her thumb, and hooks her forefinger over her nose when she does. Okay, re-apply the makeup 3 times before we actually ask for candy.

Of course, she's so beautiful that I can't help but share pictures with you.

3 comments:

Christopher Lewis said...

Very cute

sewkalico said...

She is indeed very beautiful!!! They both are!

Lori in South Dakota said...

the face paint makes her face look like it's glowing. And I think all fairies glow!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...