Wednesday, November 26, 2008

40% Off End of Bolt!



This week a LQS had a sale, 40% of the end of the bolt. If you bought the entire bolt, it was 40% off! I bought two Hoffman pieces of star fabric, one light and one dark, as well as a fat quarter bundle from Blank. The fat quarters are in my favorite color, a turquoise-green. Mmm. It makes me smile just to think about them. That's 6 yards in. They're my reward for working two full day with the Screamer on my hip. The assistant went to a non-family babysitter all day for the first time (twice!) without crying or whining. Whew! I'm so glad work is done for the week. I'm ready for a few days' respite. Maybe I can get some quilting done.

The aprons are going to their new owners this week. I hope they like them as much as I like mine. (As I write this, I am wearing one to protect my clothes from the pear-drooling Screamer. She has discovered fresh pears are her new favorite food!)

I am hand-quilting a Coca-Cola themed quilt for my dad, but I'm pretty sure I won't have it complete by Christmas... maybe a late gift?

Also, DH's Christmas gift arrive today. It's from Maple Grove Gallery, which has wooden objects made by the husband of a quilter, Thearica. Check out his art and her quilts - I'm thrilled with the new present!

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

fresh pears are the business when you're starting on on your food journey :-)

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...