Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stash Report Week #41

Stash report first:
In this week: 6 yards
In YTD: 132 1/4 yards

Out this week: 0 yards
Out YTD: 134 3/4

TOTAL YTD: 2 1/2 OUT!

I have a top complete (pictures will follow later). I purchased the backing and batting this week, and will soon have to cut the last of the companion fabric to make pillow shams. Then I can auction this thing and be done with it! Can you tell I don't like it?

I would like to stay in the "OUT" range for fabric this year, bit I have a fabric shipment arriving this week for my MsIL aprons, and I don't think I will have any finishes this week. DH is going to be out of town or gone 5 of 7 days.

Next on the docket at the Ugh quilt are: a KU gift bag, tote, and purse for the assistant's godmother, and that's 1 1/4 yard so far. My giveaway ends Wednesday, and that will be at least another 1 1/2 yards out. I think after that will be my scrap quilt. I am tired of odd sewn-together bits linger in my desk.

And the adventure of the week is: I took a ride on my bike with DH and the girls. This was only the 2nd time I've ever ridden the bike, and halfway up the hill to get back to our house the ENTIRE pedal shaft came off! What????? I'm just glad I didn't fall down with my 7-month-old on the back!

2 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

The pedal shaft came off?? So glad the wheel didn't fall off! So did you have to push the bike home??

Kathy said...

Good heavens! How scarey, thankfully neither you or the baby were hurt.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...