Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ryan's Star

Because I have nothing current to post about, I thought I would show you a picture of one of my favorite quilts. It has a little bit of a melancholy story, fitting for the wet and cold weather outside today!

It's named "Ryan's Star" after a friend of my brother. He had to fly through a storm on the way home from a trip with friends; he and his dad died. He wanted to be an Air Force pilot but never had the chance, so I made a quilt full of stars in remembrance of his dreams.

My brother graduated from high school almost 2 years ago, and I hand quilted this all through the winter to finish it in time.

All the stars are from my selection of star fabrics. I think the color wash turned out well, with the one bright blue star in the middle so that the stars don't blend together too much.

I'm going to try to sneak in a nap now while the girls are both down.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

That's really sad, but beautiful.

Lori in South Dakota said...

the stars are twinkling in the nighttime sky in the border.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...