Sunday, March 20, 2011

Design Wall Monday

What a week!

On Tuesday, Judy suggested a new quilt in celebration of National Quilting Day.  I did well until the pieced border, then stalled due to the pinning, etc., that my Bear Cub Q wouldn't allow.  I don't have an updated picture, but check here for my blocks.


Since I was on borders, I pulled out Favorite Things and decided it was high time it became a finished top.  After 4+ hours of sewing on Sunday (after Mass and lunch), here it is, awaiting pressing, quilting decisions, a backing... you get the idea.
DH says it's crazy, and I think that's a good thing.  DH was so gracious as to watch the kids outside so I could zoom along the border.  They are straight, but there wasn't enough room on the floor to lay it out, and I still need to press it! (pattern: Peaches 'n' Dreams by Judy Laquidara)

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

18 comments:

amy said...

Well I for one like 'crazy' it looks great!

Bonnie said...

ditto what amy said. Looks good. and close to done!

Sue Daurio said...

Love your finish, this is on my list of quilts to make. I like the blue spin in it, very very nice.

Kathie said...

wonderful

Vicki H. said...

Looks crazy good!! I think you have a great one here. It is so nice when the little ones can get outside and play.

Judy D in AZ said...

Blue and white scrappy quilts-what more could you want. All my favorite elements. It is a winner.

Vicki W said...

It looks great in blues! It's still one of my favorite "Judy" patterns.

AnnieO said...

Very pretty! Lots of great fabrics to look at there. Congrats on a finished top!

Lisa said...

I was going to make this one in blues too. I think it is a winning color. It looks great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I agree - Crazy but beautiful and wonderful!! Great job!

Bethany said...

It's gorgeous. I love it.

Marti said...

Great quilt. I love the different shapes in it. Crazy? Yes, but in a good way.

Quilter Kathy said...

love it...it's very bold and amazing!

Amy said...

Love LOVE the blues!!

Amy said...

Good job on getting that border added on. I know that is a great feeling!

Brenda said...

Looks great.

Kate said...

Love all the blue and white. Beautiful quilt!

Unknown said...

I do so love this pattern. I have a jelly roll to make as a thank you quilt, I think this should be it!

glen

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...