Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Stash Report Week #11

This is a picture-heavy post, and I "blame" the following pictures on my DH, who insisted I needed a few splurges (hey, it was almost all on clearance for less than $3 a yard, and DH is all about hedging bets against inflation).  And my stash isn't that big.  I couldn't make quilts for the rest of my life without buying anything and still not use up all my fabric (unless I hand-pieced everything.  Then, maybe).

Let us begin with the numbers:
OUT this week: 11 yards
OUT YTD: 19 1/2 yards

IN this week: 104 3/4 yards
IN YTD: 139 3/4 yards

YTD Totals: 120 1/4 yards IN

Now for the pictures:
For a Double Wedding Ring Quilt
and pillow shams for my DYS (27 yards)
For a quilt I would like to write a pattern for.
1/2 yard cuts on the left, 1 yard of focus fabric on the right
background behind (15 yards of background, but it was $2.48
and I can use it for other things)
Can you guess what my favorite color is?
(4 yards, 3 yards, 3 yards, 3 yards)
I just love the colors.
1/2 yard of each stripe, and 1 yard of the houses
3 yards and 6 yards, to make next year's "Easter clothes"
I didn't have enough of any one fabric to make everyone something out of the same print.  Now I will!
15 yards, 13 yards
I've been asked to make a few T-shirt quilts for ballgames, and the brown looks perfect for that.  The white will be a good basic background (I didn't have any basic creams, whites, etc.)
Pink for a pillow case to match "Pink Things"
Reds for the Screamer's quilt,
and the star fabric will also go to my hexagon qilt
I love stars.


I did manage to finish two HUGE projects in my life this week, in spite of a birthday, in-laws visiting, and a Saturday spent planting potatoes (and I have the sunburn to prove it!)

Presenting, Pink Things (with gratuitous shots of Bear Cub Q)
Front

Back
Quilting Detail

Finishing at 5 feet by 7 feet, it will be large enough to grace the Assistant's bed even with three of us laying down (which sometimes happens when we're reading or they're sick).  She insisted I should wrap it up and save it for her birthday, so I will.  I'm going to make a pillowcase with the above purchased pink as well as some leftover squares.

Then there was this cassock.  You know, the 33 buttonholes, the sleeves, the pleats, the 43 buttons I made, the collar I botched the first time, the lining I sewed into the buttonholes and almost cried when I found it.  Yeah, that one.  The buttonholes are done, the buttons are sewn on, and there are a lot of prayers sewn into this garment.  When my friend is ordained to the deaconate, I will be so... joyful for him,  Please excuse the dark picture.  Bear Cub Q was chasing me as I tried to find a place to take a picture since he wanted to have the camera.  It is definitely not perfect (you caught that bit about the lining and the buttonholes, right?), but I honestly did my best, and I am proud of it.  I'll just ask my friend not to tell me if he decides he doesn't like it.  Now to get it pressed and sent to Colorado.

Check out the real stashBUSTERS on Judy's blog.

Later today, I should have a post about Purgatory Ranch and potato planting, pictures included.

Next week, for a slower change of pace, I'll be working on my brown table runner, some crocheting, and a quilt for some friends who are fostering-to-adopt a preemie.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Susan Torrens said...

Better get stitching and use some of that pretty fabric!

Kathie said...

Beautiful fabrics but oh my gosh that is a huge stash report!!!

krisgray said...

WOW! I feel like I went shopping with you but didn't spend any $$ - LOL.

Your finishes are fantastic!

Kate said...

Pink Things is very pretty, congratulations on the finish. The Assistant sounds like she deals with delayed gratification very well, impressive. My daughter would be give me, now!

Very pretty stash enhancement fabrics. Your report may take a hit now, but you'll probably be really happy you have what you bought.

Marti said...

You got some great fabrics! I wish I could find that kind of sale. I love your blue quilt. It looks like it is already a favorite too. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I like mysteries, but I wish my quilting ancestors hadn't been so modest and signed their quilts!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...